American Horror Story‘s Taissa Farmiga and Darrell Britt-Gibson (The Wire) have been added to the cast of ABC’s drama pilot L.A. Crime, from ABC Studios and Mandeville. The character-driven, “true-crime” procedural, written by Steven Baigelman and directed by Tom Shankland, explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in Los Angeles history. In Season 1, two LA cops will be searching for a Bonnie & Clyde-esque serial-killing team amidst the coke-infused rock ‘n’ roll, revelry of the 1980s Sunset Strip. Farmiga, whose older sister is actress Vera Farmiga, will play Karen, an aspiring journalist who has a close call with the killer. Britt-Gibson, repped by Industry Entertainment and Gersh, plays Diver, a paparazzo specializing in crime scene photography who uses his connections to fuel sensationalist stories that make their way around LA. He recently did arcs on Showtime’s Californication, Starz’s Power and FXX’s You’re the Worst.
Taissa Farmiga & Darrell Britt-Gibson Cast In ABC Pilot ‘LA Crime’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment