EXCLUSIVE: The 80s anime series Robotech has been a fascination of filmmakers from Tobey Maguire to Akiva Goldsman, Joby Harold, Gough & Millar, and Lawrence Kasdan. All have tried to adapt the series for the big screen. Stepping up to hopefully get it done is Warner Bros-based producers Hollywood Gang, with Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton producing and 300 and G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra scribe Michael Gordon set to write. They are already eyeing a filmmaker to steer that development and I’m told that Andy Muschietti is the guy they covet. In the 1980s, Robotech, which was brought to America by Frank Agrama and Harmony Gold, was the TV show which introduced a generation of American kids to the revolutionary visual style and open ended storytelling of anime.
Robotech Movie Back Online With Hollywood Gang, ‘300’ Scribe Michael Gordon
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Dory' Posts Record Second Weekend For Animated Movie As Fireworks Die For 'Resurgence'; 'Shallows' Chomps $16M+
Latest Film News
- ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’ Trailer: Jamie Dornan, Aaron Paul & A 9-Year-Old Boy’s Mystery
- Ansel Elgort Negotiating To Star In Warner Bros’ ‘Dungeons And Dragons’
- ‘Man’s Search For Meaning’ Holocaust Memoir In Works As Movie
- Media Stocks Down Again In Wake Of Brexit Vote; S&P Downgrades UK Credit Rating – Update
- ‘Independence Day Resurgence’ Lands With $100M Overseas Start; ‘Dory’ Nears $400M WW – Intl Box…
- Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group Appoints Virtual Reality Point Person As VR Becomes The New Art Form