Warner Bros has released a new teaser trailer for Magic Mike XXL, and I must say that I am shocked — shocked! — by this whole exercise of male objectification. They marginalize brains and the inevitable lovable paunch that comes with being a breadwinner and not having time to pump oneself into an aerobicized lug who writhes onstage for plus-sized patrons wielding rolled up one-dollar bills. The film opens July 1, and women, and men, certainly will drag their significant other to the theater. The lingering question: Will it will be an impediment to post-movie romance because real men are not ab-worthy compared to Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer and Joe Mangianello? Or will it the best wing man a guy could ever wish for?
‘Magic Mike XXL’ Trailer: Is This What Women Really Want?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest Video News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’
- Seth Meyers Tackles Al Franken, Updates Roy Moore Sex Misconduct Claims
- Stephen Colbert Addresses Harassment Allegation Against Al Franken