Warner Bros has released a new teaser trailer for Magic Mike XXL, and I must say that I am shocked — shocked! — by this whole exercise of male objectification. They marginalize brains and the inevitable lovable paunch that comes with being a breadwinner and not having time to pump oneself into an aerobicized lug who writhes onstage for plus-sized patrons wielding rolled up one-dollar bills. The film opens July 1, and women, and men, certainly will drag their significant other to the theater. The lingering question: Will it will be an impediment to post-movie romance because real men are not ab-worthy compared to Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer and Joe Mangianello? Or will it the best wing man a guy could ever wish for?
‘Magic Mike XXL’ Trailer: Is This What Women Really Want?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Continues To Make B.O. History: $195M+ Opening Beats 'Ultron' & 4-Day Eyeing $225M+: Sunday Final
Latest Video News
- Jimmy Kimmel Warns Donald Trump And “Buddies”: Bowing Heads In Prayer Is Empty Gesture After School Slaughter
- ‘Nostalgia’ Review: Strong Performances From Jon Hamm And First-Rate Ensemble Make It One To Remember
- ‘Black 47’ First Clip: Irish Revenge Thriller Starring James Frecheville & Hugo Weaving – Berlin
- Guy Pearce To Star In Netflix’s British Teen Supernatural Series ‘The Innocents’
- Jimmy Kimmel Makes Pitch For Stormy Daniels’ First NDA-Free Interview
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Sneak Peek: Elastigirl & Mr. Incredible Jump Back Into Action And “Normal” Family Life