Warner Bros has released a new teaser trailer for Magic Mike XXL, and I must say that I am shocked — shocked! — by this whole exercise of male objectification. They marginalize brains and the inevitable lovable paunch that comes with being a breadwinner and not having time to pump oneself into an aerobicized lug who writhes onstage for plus-sized patrons wielding rolled up one-dollar bills. The film opens July 1, and women, and men, certainly will drag their significant other to the theater. The lingering question: Will it will be an impediment to post-movie romance because real men are not ab-worthy compared to Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer and Joe Mangianello? Or will it the best wing man a guy could ever wish for?
‘Magic Mike XXL’ Trailer: Is This What Women Really Want?
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest Video News
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Review: Odd-Couple Pairing Of Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson Leads To Violent…
- Lin-Manuel Miranda & James Corden Strip Down To Birthday Suits For ‘Crosswalk: The Musical’
- Emmys: Comedy Series Prediction Smackdown As Deadline Takes On Gold Derby And Indiewire Experts
- ‘Human Flow’ Trailer: Ai Weiwei’s Documentary About The Refugee Crisis
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird