As production nears, Nicolas Winding Refn continues rounding out his cast for The Neon Demon, the horror tale that’s being co-financed and co-distributed by Gaumont and Wild Bunch. Deadline reported last week that Abbey Lee was the director’s choice to join Elle Fanning in the female-led scarer. Gaumont and Wild Bunch say today that Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks, Jena Malone and Bella Heathcote are also aboard. Hendricks and Lee previously teamed with Refn on Drive. Details are sparse on the new folks’ roles, but the director has said Neon Demon would be “a horror film about vicious beauty.” He wrote the screenplay with new talent Mary Laws and shooting starts on March 30 in Los Angeles.
Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks & More Feed ‘The Neon Demon’ – Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?