As production nears, Nicolas Winding Refn continues rounding out his cast for The Neon Demon, the horror tale that’s being co-financed and co-distributed by Gaumont and Wild Bunch. Deadline reported last week that Abbey Lee was the director’s choice to join Elle Fanning in the female-led scarer. Gaumont and Wild Bunch say today that Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks, Jena Malone and Bella Heathcote are also aboard. Hendricks and Lee previously teamed with Refn on Drive. Details are sparse on the new folks’ roles, but the director has said Neon Demon would be “a horror film about vicious beauty.” He wrote the screenplay with new talent Mary Laws and shooting starts on March 30 in Los Angeles.
Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks & More Feed ‘The Neon Demon’ – Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”