As production nears, Nicolas Winding Refn continues rounding out his cast for The Neon Demon, the horror tale that’s being co-financed and co-distributed by Gaumont and Wild Bunch. Deadline reported last week that Abbey Lee was the director’s choice to join Elle Fanning in the female-led scarer. Gaumont and Wild Bunch say today that Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks, Jena Malone and Bella Heathcote are also aboard. Hendricks and Lee previously teamed with Refn on Drive. Details are sparse on the new folks’ roles, but the director has said Neon Demon would be “a horror film about vicious beauty.” He wrote the screenplay with new talent Mary Laws and shooting starts on March 30 in Los Angeles.
Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks & More Feed ‘The Neon Demon’ – Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- ‘Padmaavat’ Stokes More Violence In India; Laura Linney To Make West End Debut – Global Briefs
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’