As production nears, Nicolas Winding Refn continues rounding out his cast for The Neon Demon, the horror tale that’s being co-financed and co-distributed by Gaumont and Wild Bunch. Deadline reported last week that Abbey Lee was the director’s choice to join Elle Fanning in the female-led scarer. Gaumont and Wild Bunch say today that Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks, Jena Malone and Bella Heathcote are also aboard. Hendricks and Lee previously teamed with Refn on Drive. Details are sparse on the new folks’ roles, but the director has said Neon Demon would be “a horror film about vicious beauty.” He wrote the screenplay with new talent Mary Laws and shooting starts on March 30 in Los Angeles.
Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks & More Feed ‘The Neon Demon’ – Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Legend Of Tarzan' Review: Alexander Skarsgard Swings Into Action As Movie Icon Gets Welcome New Take
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Academy Directors Branch Was Most Aggressive On Diversity: Here’s How
- ‘Riverdale’ Star KJ Apa Joins Boston Marathon Pic ‘Altar Rock’
- #BoycottCinemark Erupts After Exhibitor Asks Aurora Victims To Pay $700K In Legal Fees
- Stuart Nisbet Dies: Prolific Character Actor Was 82
- Peter Bart: Conglomeration Is Snuffing Out Courage In Hollywood
- Want To Get An Option Deal With Ridley Scott’s Scott Free? Here’s Your Chance