NBC’s The Tonight Show rubbed salt in Comedy Central’s wound last night, inviting Last Week Tonight host John Oliver to celebrate his new two-year contract with HBO announced earlier in the day, taking Oliver off Doug Herzog and everyone else’s short list of possible replacements for Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. Oliver then slyly dodged Jimmy Fallon’s question as to who he thought should replace Stewart, distracting the Tonight Show host with a bright shiny light, aka Hologram Jon joke. “If you can put Oliver Reed in a film that he wasn’t in,” Oliver reasoned, it should be easy to work Hologram Jon into a comedy/talk/interview show. Fallon did not press for an actual answer to his question because, Fallon.
John Oliver Celebrates New Contract, Ducks Jon Stewart Replacement Question
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo