James Brolin has joined the cast of Life in Pieces, CBS’ single-camera comedy pilot from 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment. Written by Justin Adler, the project is about one family, the Shorts, as told through the separate stories of its different family members. Brolin, repped by UTA and Scott Hart Management, plays John Short, the gregarious patriarch who’s going through a bit of a crisis as he turns 70. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this would be veteran actor’s first full-time comedy series job; he has done several drama series including Marcus Welby, MD, which ran from 1969-76 on ABC and earned him an Supporting Actor Emmy and four consecutive nominations.
James Brolin To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Life In Pieces’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Judd Apatow On Why He Won’t Do A Broadcast Show, ‘Freaks & Geeks’ Reboot
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blair In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues
- David Haydn Jones Joins ‘Supernatural’ As Mystery Character
- Breaking Glass Pictures Breaking Into TV Series