EXCLUSIVE: Off his cutting-edge short film Isolated, writer/director Tomas Vergara has been signed by Verve. Not surprisingly, the agency’s first order of business will be to grow his short into a feature that Vergara will direct. They’ll use the short as the sales tool. Isolated is an intense, immersive, exciting, high-octane, thrill ride about a taxi driver who wakes up in a deserted city — only to find himself pursued by humans. Struggling to piece together what is going on, the driver soon discovers he has more in common with the raging humans, more than what he thinks. With a VFX background, Vergara and his Peak Pictures team opted to make take their narrative down the animation route instead of live-action because they wanted “full-creative control – especially with scenarios, lights, camera and scale.” It’s easy to imagine Isolated as a live-action sequence from a feature film, for a short to achieve this it would need a size-able budget, one the majority of short filmmakers would never have available. Scott Glassgold of I Am Entertainment manages Vergara.
Verve Signs Tomas Vergara, Will Package His Short ‘Isolated’ As Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Ink Big Netflix Movie Deal
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Black Panther’ Posts Record $21M Pre-Summer Tuesday; Second Weekend To Reap $104M-$109M
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations