Image Entertainment has acquired the Joe Dante horror comedy Burying The Ex and will give it a multiplatform release of theaters and VOD in the summer. Alan Trezza-scripted pic stars Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, and Alexandra Daddario. Pic premiered at Venice. Yelchin plays a nice guy with an overbearing girlfriend (Greene). She gets worse when they move in, and he’s relieved when she dies in an accident and he meets someone nicer (Daddario). Trouble is, his dead ex returns as a zombie who doesn’t want to give him up and she was a lot more charming as a Twilight Saga vampire.
Image Acquires Joe Dante’s ‘Burying The Ex;’ ‘Twilight’s Ashley Greene Goes Zombie
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman