Tonight Brian Williams offered an apology of a sorts on NBC News for his fake account of being in helicopter attack in Iraq back in 2003. Despite years and years of talking up the tale, it turns out that Williams was never on a chopper than came under RPG fire 12 years ago ago. Today, on-air and online, the anchor said he “made a mistake in recalling the incidents.” Williams calls it a “bungled attempt” now but he’s been telling the story since at least 2007. In the video above, watch him less than 2 years ago tell CBS’s David Letterman his war story – does Williams recall that? The chopper part starts around 2:45 mark.
Brian Williams Recounts False Chopper Story On Letterman In 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Colbert Cold Open Goes Hard Right: ‘Late Show’ Haters Stunned By Trump
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios