EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just optioned Bismarck, the Black List script by neophyte scribe Jared Cowie. Temple Hill partners Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are attached to produce, and Benderspink will be exec producers. Cowie is a London-based litigator specializing in multibillion-pound banking litigation, and he’s chosen a weighty premise for his first script. Logline: During the darkest hours of WWII, a British naval officer, raw from the loss of his ship, is thrust into the thick of the hunt for the most formidable Nazi battleship to ever set sail: the Bismarck. The project is based on a true story, and the scribe is repped by Benderspink and Jeff Frankel. Jon Mone is overseeing for Universal.
WWII Black List Script ‘Bismarck’ Docks at Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…