EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has just optioned Bismarck, the Black List script by neophyte scribe Jared Cowie. Temple Hill partners Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are attached to produce, and Benderspink will be exec producers. Cowie is a London-based litigator specializing in multibillion-pound banking litigation, and he’s chosen a weighty premise for his first script. Logline: During the darkest hours of WWII, a British naval officer, raw from the loss of his ship, is thrust into the thick of the hunt for the most formidable Nazi battleship to ever set sail: the Bismarck. The project is based on a true story, and the scribe is repped by Benderspink and Jeff Frankel. Jon Mone is overseeing for Universal.
WWII Black List Script ‘Bismarck’ Docks at Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’