Looks like Ang Lee has found his newcomer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. He’d been trying to make a discovery in the TriStar Pictures adaptation of the Ben Fountain novel and chose newcomer Joe Alwyn. Now, he’s looking for a more established actor for the other main role, and I’m hearing he is looking hard at Garrett Hedlund. He came on the scene in Tron: Legacy but has grown into a mature actor in such films as Inside Llewyn Davis and most recently the Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken.
Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn’; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Clip: ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel’s Ultimate Team-Up…
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon
- As Tom Hardy Promised, A New ‘Venom’ Trailer Drops At CinemaCon – Watch
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin” – CinemaCon
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’