Looks like Ang Lee has found his newcomer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. He’d been trying to make a discovery in the TriStar Pictures adaptation of the Ben Fountain novel and chose newcomer Joe Alwyn. Now, he’s looking for a more established actor for the other main role, and I’m hearing he is looking hard at Garrett Hedlund. He came on the scene in Tron: Legacy but has grown into a mature actor in such films as Inside Llewyn Davis and most recently the Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken.
Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn’; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s Josh…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’