It’s another round of sequel musical chairs: A day after Fox announced it was moving the untitled next Planet Of The Apes sequel back a year, Universal planted its flag into its vacated summer 2016 spot. The Untitled Next Bourne Chapter, which reunites original Bourne trilogy star Matt Damon with director Paul Greengrass, moves back two weeks to July 29, 2016. That gives the Bourne sequel some added distance from Paramount’s Star Trek 3 (July 8) and into a frame competing only with Fox comedy Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates so far.
Universal Moves Damon-Greengrass ‘Bourne’ Sequel Into ‘Apes’ Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest Film News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A ‘Hollywood Ending’?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But “Depressed” About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson Are The 'Nasty Women' In MGM's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Trailer: Will Forte & Ellen Page Voice English-Language Version