It’s another round of sequel musical chairs: A day after Fox announced it was moving the untitled next Planet Of The Apes sequel back a year, Universal planted its flag into its vacated summer 2016 spot. The Untitled Next Bourne Chapter, which reunites original Bourne trilogy star Matt Damon with director Paul Greengrass, moves back two weeks to July 29, 2016. That gives the Bourne sequel some added distance from Paramount’s Star Trek 3 (July 8) and into a frame competing only with Fox comedy Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates so far.
Universal Moves Damon-Greengrass ‘Bourne’ Sequel Into ‘Apes’ Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish