It’s another round of sequel musical chairs: A day after Fox announced it was moving the untitled next Planet Of The Apes sequel back a year, Universal planted its flag into its vacated summer 2016 spot. The Untitled Next Bourne Chapter, which reunites original Bourne trilogy star Matt Damon with director Paul Greengrass, moves back two weeks to July 29, 2016. That gives the Bourne sequel some added distance from Paramount’s Star Trek 3 (July 8) and into a frame competing only with Fox comedy Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates so far.
Universal Moves Damon-Greengrass ‘Bourne’ Sequel Into ‘Apes’ Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case