It’s another round of sequel musical chairs: A day after Fox announced it was moving the untitled next Planet Of The Apes sequel back a year, Universal planted its flag into its vacated summer 2016 spot. The Untitled Next Bourne Chapter, which reunites original Bourne trilogy star Matt Damon with director Paul Greengrass, moves back two weeks to July 29, 2016. That gives the Bourne sequel some added distance from Paramount’s Star Trek 3 (July 8) and into a frame competing only with Fox comedy Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates so far.
Universal Moves Damon-Greengrass ‘Bourne’ Sequel Into ‘Apes’ Slot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- Gravitas Ventures Hires Scott Kaplan As SVP Global Sales
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith, Virginia Madsen & More Set For AIDS Drama Pic ‘1985’ From Yen Tan
- Lea Thompson To Star In New Feature Adaptation Of ‘Little Women’