Originally slated to debut December 19, the release of Crackle’s original movie The Throwaways was put on hold because of the massive hack attack on parent Sony Pictures Entertainment. Now the cyber-attack film, executive produced by Jeremy Renner, has been re-dated and will start streaming January 30. Director Tony Bui’s pic stars Sam Huntington as a notorious hacker who uses his smarts to track down another cyber-attacker. Katie McGrath, Christian Hillborg, Jack Kesy, Kevin Dillon and James Caan also star in the film written by Michael Arlen Ross and Don Handfield. Renner and Don Handfield executive produce. You can watch the trailer above.
‘The Throwaways’, Crackle’s Cyberattack Movie Delayed By Sony Hack, Gets New Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
Latest Film News
- ‘A Kid Like Jake’s Claire Danes On Silas Howard’s “Intensely Relatable” Family Drama…
- ‘Burden’ Creatives & Cast Speak On The Film’s Universal “Story Of Hope”…
- ‘Monster’ Director Anthony Mandler Reteams With Bron For ‘Man Of Cloth’ – Sundance
- ‘Lizzie’ Director Craig William Macneill Set To Helm ‘She’s Never Coming Back’
- Sophia Bush, Jonathan Banks & Isabella Rossellini Join ‘Incredibles 2’
- Aneesh Chaganty Looked To The Computer Screen As A Canvas For ‘Search’ — Sundance Studio