Journalist and first-time filmmaker Sacha Jenkins certainly is enjoying his maiden voyage at Sundance. His documentary Fresh Dressed will be shown on CNN later this year and he says it’s “overwhelming how much love and support I’m getting.” His film, which premiered January 24, is about the importance of fashion in NYC hip-hop culture — a topic not necessarily in the CNN audience’s wheelhouse. But he thinks the cable news net buying his movie is a nod to the future. “Because of all these platforms and young people being accustomed to using them, (CNN has) to work to connect with those people in new and interesting ways,” he says. Fresh Dressed is a Mass Appeal production in partnership with CNN Films.
‘Fresh Dressed’ Filmmaker Sacha Jenkins Feeling The Love At Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility