Journalist and first-time filmmaker Sacha Jenkins certainly is enjoying his maiden voyage at Sundance. His documentary Fresh Dressed will be shown on CNN later this year and he says it’s “overwhelming how much love and support I’m getting.” His film, which premiered January 24, is about the importance of fashion in NYC hip-hop culture — a topic not necessarily in the CNN audience’s wheelhouse. But he thinks the cable news net buying his movie is a nod to the future. “Because of all these platforms and young people being accustomed to using them, (CNN has) to work to connect with those people in new and interesting ways,” he says. Fresh Dressed is a Mass Appeal production in partnership with CNN Films.
‘Fresh Dressed’ Filmmaker Sacha Jenkins Feeling The Love At Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- NAGRA Teams With Cinema Buying Group-NATO For myCinema – CinemaCon
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…