Marjane Satrapi’s English-language debut The Voices premiered at Sundance last year and is gearing up for release in the U.S. via Lionsgate and in the UK via Arrow Films (see trailer above). Ryan Reynolds plays a lovable, but disturbed, factory worker who yearns for the attention of a woman in accounting. When their relationship takes a sudden turn, the man’s talking pets — a sinister cat and benevolent dog — lead him down a fantastical, murderous path. Gemma Arterton, Anna Kendrick, and Jacki Weaver co-star. Michael R Perry wrote the script and Matthew Rhodes, Adi Shankar, Roy Lee and Spencer Silna produced. Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud’s Persepolis was nominated for an Animated Feature Oscar in 2008. Lionsgate unleashes The Voices in theaters and on demand on February 6, Arrow takes it out on March 20.
Ryan Reynolds Hears ‘The Voices’ In Horror Comedy Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…