It is as if the feds are working for the marketing departments of FX and NBC. Two days before the third season premiere of FX’s The Americans and 10 days before the debut of the new NBC drama Allegiance, as the promo campaigns for both shows are in full swing, the Department of Justice today announced the arrest of an alleged Russian spy posing as a Manhattan banker as part of a Russian spy ring-busting operation. The criminal complaint felt straight out of the Cold War, as do both The Americans and Allegiance — The Americans, about a pair of KGB officers posing as a 1980s suburban American couple, and Allegiance, about a former KGB operative who, along with her American husband and daughter, are part of a reactivated sleeper cell.
Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…