It is as if the feds are working for the marketing departments of FX and NBC. Two days before the third season premiere of FX’s The Americans and 10 days before the debut of the new NBC drama Allegiance, as the promo campaigns for both shows are in full swing, the Department of Justice today announced the arrest of an alleged Russian spy posing as a Manhattan banker as part of a Russian spy ring-busting operation. The criminal complaint felt straight out of the Cold War, as do both The Americans and Allegiance — The Americans, about a pair of KGB officers posing as a 1980s suburban American couple, and Allegiance, about a former KGB operative who, along with her American husband and daughter, are part of a reactivated sleeper cell.
Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World
- Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot – Update