There is no doubt that the new variety show starring Neil Patrick Harris is a priority for NBC — the network will debut a first promo for the series during the Super Bowl, a good eight months before the program will premiere on the network next fall. The 15-second video looks to take advantage of the wave of publicity surrounding Harris’ upcoming gig hosting the Oscars and a reminder to viewers that NBC has him full-time for next season. Based on the U.K. series Saturday Night Takeaway, the variety series will feature comedy sketches, musical numbers, mini game shows, hidden-camera celebrity pranks and appearances by A-list celebrities.
Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak