There is no doubt that the new variety show starring Neil Patrick Harris is a priority for NBC — the network will debut a first promo for the series during the Super Bowl, a good eight months before the program will premiere on the network next fall. The 15-second video looks to take advantage of the wave of publicity surrounding Harris’ upcoming gig hosting the Oscars and a reminder to viewers that NBC has him full-time for next season. Based on the U.K. series Saturday Night Takeaway, the variety series will feature comedy sketches, musical numbers, mini game shows, hidden-camera celebrity pranks and appearances by A-list celebrities.
Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…