There is no doubt that the new variety show starring Neil Patrick Harris is a priority for NBC — the network will debut a first promo for the series during the Super Bowl, a good eight months before the program will premiere on the network next fall. The 15-second video looks to take advantage of the wave of publicity surrounding Harris’ upcoming gig hosting the Oscars and a reminder to viewers that NBC has him full-time for next season. Based on the U.K. series Saturday Night Takeaway, the variety series will feature comedy sketches, musical numbers, mini game shows, hidden-camera celebrity pranks and appearances by A-list celebrities.
Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Holdover ‘Dory’ Steals July 4th Weekend From ‘Tarzan’, ‘BFG’: Does The Holiday Still Matter At The B.O.?
Latest TV News
- Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Info From L.A. Celebrities
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Returns Steady As ‘Roadies’ Debuts Low In Live+3
- ‘Code Black’ Adds Nafessa Williams, Noah Gray-Cabey & Emily Tyra For Season 2
- ‘The Daily Show’ Bids Farewell To Jessica Williams With Highlight Reel & Hugs
- ‘Greatest Hits’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Big Brother’ Steady As ‘Spartan’ Soars
- Amazon, PBS Extend & Expand Streaming Deal For Kids Series