There is no doubt that the new variety show starring Neil Patrick Harris is a priority for NBC — the network will debut a first promo for the series during the Super Bowl, a good eight months before the program will premiere on the network next fall. The 15-second video looks to take advantage of the wave of publicity surrounding Harris’ upcoming gig hosting the Oscars and a reminder to viewers that NBC has him full-time for next season. Based on the U.K. series Saturday Night Takeaway, the variety series will feature comedy sketches, musical numbers, mini game shows, hidden-camera celebrity pranks and appearances by A-list celebrities.
Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot