While Jennifer Aniston’s Cake was heating up at the Toronto Film Festival, her other indie feature this fall which played at Venice was Peter Bogdanovich’s screwball comedy She’s Funny That Way, the Oscar-nominated director’s first feature film in 13 years since the semi-true William Randolph Heart yacht murder pic The Cat’s Meow. She’s Funny That Way follows a married Broadway director (Owen Wilson) who falls for a prostitute-turned-actress and works to help her advance her career. The film also stars Imogen Poots, Lucy Punch, Rhys Ifans, Will Forte, Cybill Shepherd, Michael Shannon and Tatum O’Neal. Aniston’s Cake from Cinelou bowed yesterday via Freestyle Releasing, making $266K at 482 theaters on its way to a $1.1M three-day weekend.
Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson Reunite In ‘She’s Funny That Way’ – Hot Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Video News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Colbert Apes NYT Ad To Promote ‘Late Show’ Live Broadcast After Donald Trump Speech
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- John Oliver Launches Campaign To Get Donald Trump Banned From Women’s Bathrooms