EXCLUSIVE: Paramount is mobilizing G.I. Joe 3. The studio is in early discussions with DJ Caruso to direct the third installment of the franchise, which now is built around Dwayne Johnson. The Jon M. Chu-directed sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation grossed $372 million worldwide in 2013. Caruso is shooting The Disappointments Room, the Wentworth Miller-scripted drama that stars Kate Beckinsale and Lucas Till. It’s early days, but sources said this is all looking quite promising. Caruso’s repped by CAA and Media Talent Group.
DJ Caruso Enlisted For ‘G.I. Joe 3’?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Alice’ Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl…
- Holdovers 'Weiner,' 'Love & Friendship' & 'The Lobster' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response