Hell On Wheels’ star Colm Meaney and Charlotte Nicdao (Please Like Me, Camp, Slap ) have been cast in Syfy’s Childhood’s End, a six-hour miniseries based on Arthur C. Clarke’s classic to premiere in 2015. Written by Matthew Graham (Doctor Who), it follows the peaceful alien invasion of Earth by the mysterious ‘Overlords,’ whose arrival begins decades of apparent utopia under indirect alien rule, at the cost of human identity and culture. Meaney will play Wainwright, the powerful, confident owner of a major news organization. Nicdao, repped by JM Agency in Australia and MGMT Entertainment, will play Rachel Osaka, a brilliant and energetic zoologist. They join previously cast Julian McMahon, Daisy Betts, Mike Vogel, Charles Dance, Ashley Zuckerman, Osy Ikhile,and Yael Stone. Universal Cable Prods is the studio.
Colm Meaney & Charlotte Nicdao Join Syfy’s ‘Childhood’s End’ Miniseries
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices