Hell On Wheels’ star Colm Meaney and Charlotte Nicdao (Please Like Me, Camp, Slap ) have been cast in Syfy’s Childhood’s End, a six-hour miniseries based on Arthur C. Clarke’s classic to premiere in 2015. Written by Matthew Graham (Doctor Who), it follows the peaceful alien invasion of Earth by the mysterious ‘Overlords,’ whose arrival begins decades of apparent utopia under indirect alien rule, at the cost of human identity and culture. Meaney will play Wainwright, the powerful, confident owner of a major news organization. Nicdao, repped by JM Agency in Australia and MGMT Entertainment, will play Rachel Osaka, a brilliant and energetic zoologist. They join previously cast Julian McMahon, Daisy Betts, Mike Vogel, Charles Dance, Ashley Zuckerman, Osy Ikhile,and Yael Stone. Universal Cable Prods is the studio.
Colm Meaney & Charlotte Nicdao Join Syfy’s ‘Childhood’s End’ Miniseries
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Of’ – TCA
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says – TCA
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton