EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring, and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading-man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.
Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Latest Film News
- Producers Guild Awards Names Amy Pascal, Donald De Line Chairs, Announces Changes In TV & Schedule
- Samuel L. Jackson Set For Britannia Awards Honor
- MoviePass Taps Former Netflix & Redbox Exec Mitch Lowe As CEO With Goal Of Grabbing Millennials
- Lionsgate UK, Idris Elba Launch Writing Competition; ‘King’s Speech’ Producer Boards Jamie Vardy Biopic…
- Bud Spencer Dies: Italian Actor, Author & Olympic Swimmer Was 86
- Karla Souza Ascends ‘Jacob’s Ladder’; Jaime Ray Newman Joins ‘Valley Of The Gods’