EXCLUSIVE: Bronx Tale writer-star Chazz Palminteri will play the title role, an eccentric thesp, in a staged reading of the new play Breaking Bobby Stone directed by veteran actor Peter Scolari (Girls). The comedy by Ben Andron (White’s Lies) tells the story of the reclusive Stone and a young reporter who’ll do whatever it takes to get an exclusive interview. Scolari, a top draw in NYC theater circles, calls it “a very funny play with heart and soul — I wish I’d written it, but I did not, which is a very good thing.” The cast includes more NYC stage regulars: Donna English, Bryan Fenkart, Robin de Jesús, Anthony Rapp, Sam Seder and Keala Settle. It’s looking to run next season, with no plans set as yet. The reading will take place at 3:30 PM February 10 at the Snapple Theater Center in Times Square.
Chazz Palminteri Plans Stage Return In ‘Breaking Bobby Stone’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Business News
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March
- March For Our Lives Livestream: Watch The D.C. Event Here
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Gun Reform Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Hollywood Denounces Donald Trump Order Banning Most Transgender Troops
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Michael Ovitz Suing Insurer Over His Anita Busch Lawsuit Settlement