EXCLUSIVE: Bronx Tale writer-star Chazz Palminteri will play the title role, an eccentric thesp, in a staged reading of the new play Breaking Bobby Stone directed by veteran actor Peter Scolari (Girls). The comedy by Ben Andron (White’s Lies) tells the story of the reclusive Stone and a young reporter who’ll do whatever it takes to get an exclusive interview. Scolari, a top draw in NYC theater circles, calls it “a very funny play with heart and soul — I wish I’d written it, but I did not, which is a very good thing.” The cast includes more NYC stage regulars: Donna English, Bryan Fenkart, Robin de Jesús, Anthony Rapp, Sam Seder and Keala Settle. It’s looking to run next season, with no plans set as yet. The reading will take place at 3:30 PM February 10 at the Snapple Theater Center in Times Square.
Chazz Palminteri Plans Stage Return In ‘Breaking Bobby Stone’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Carl Icahn Steps Down As Donald Trump Adviser On Regulatory Reform
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Stuart Thompson Dies: ‘Proof’, ‘On Golden Pond’ Broadway Producer Was 62
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Will MoviePass Give Theaters A Jolt Of Innovation, Or Is It Doomed To Fail?