EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has paid mid-six figures for Senior Year, the spec comedy by Andrew Knauer and Arthur Pielli. Broken Road and Benderspink are producing. Benderspink, Gersh and Jeff Frankel rep the writers. It’s an R-rated, female-driven comedy that went out Sunday afternoon. CBS Films’ Mark Ross will oversee. Jeremy Stein and Todd Garner are producing with JC Spink and Jake Wagner. After a cheerleader falls off a pyramid and knocks herself into a coma, she awakens 20 years later (present day) in the body of a 37-year-old woman. But having only aged physically and knowing nothing else, she returns to reclaim her seat at the cool table and win the prom queen crown that has eluded her. Gersh’s Greg Pedicin brokered the deal.
CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- NAGRA Teams With Cinema Buying Group-NATO For myCinema – CinemaCon
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…