EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has paid mid-six figures for Senior Year, the spec comedy by Andrew Knauer and Arthur Pielli. Broken Road and Benderspink are producing. Benderspink, Gersh and Jeff Frankel rep the writers. It’s an R-rated, female-driven comedy that went out Sunday afternoon. CBS Films’ Mark Ross will oversee. Jeremy Stein and Todd Garner are producing with JC Spink and Jake Wagner. After a cheerleader falls off a pyramid and knocks herself into a coma, she awakens 20 years later (present day) in the body of a 37-year-old woman. But having only aged physically and knowing nothing else, she returns to reclaim her seat at the cool table and win the prom queen crown that has eluded her. Gersh’s Greg Pedicin brokered the deal.
CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility