22 Jump Street and The Lego Movie co-director Phil Lord gleefully tweeted out the trailer for a new movie he says he’s behind: a soapy YA film MoonQuake Lake starring a blue-teary eyed Mila Kunis who has the hots for a wife-beater-shirt cum flannel clad dude, played by Ashton Kutcher. Rihanna is also in it, and a mermaid girl who says “Eeee”. MoonQuake smells an awful lot like Twilight, and if you click through the link below, it takes you to Sony’s website for the movie. The parody trailer is actually featured in Will Gluck’s reboot of Annie, which Sony is opening Dec. 19, in a scene where the orphan attends a movie premiere. MoonQuake Lake also refers to a song on the Annie soundtrack performed by Sia & Beck. Whether Lord actually directed the trailer to be inserted into Annie, a Sony rep’s response was “No comment”. Gluck received a special thanks on Lord and Christopher Miller’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
Phil Lord Tweets He Is Making YA Film With Kutcher & Kunis…Or Is He? – Hot Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Video News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Is Worst President Ever At Lying
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Review: Alicia Vikander’s In On The Action In Far-Fetched But Fun Reboot
- Jimmy Kimmel Unveils New Melania Trump PSA On Cyberbullying