Julianne Moore has earned four Academy Award nominations — for Boogie Nights, The End of the Affair, The Hours, and Far From Heaven, the last two in the same year — but the Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice is the one Oscar watchers predict will land the actress her very first little gold man. Here’s the trailer for the film directed and adapted by Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland from Lisa Genova’s book. It’s the story of a cognitive psychologist dealing with the devastating effects of early-onset Alzheimer’s disease and its impact on her marriage and family. Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth and Hunter Parrish co-star. The film premiered at Toronto and hit limited release last weekend before rolling out wide in January.
‘Still Alice’ Trailer: Will Alzheimer’s Drama Nab Julianne Moore Her First Oscar?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Film News
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Stanley Tucci-Starring Thriller ‘The Silence’
- Russo Brothers Win Sci-Fi Novel ‘The Electric State’ For ‘It’ Team Andy & Barbara Muschietti
- Lionsgate Plans English-Language ‘Instructions Not Included’ Remake; Amanda Lipitz To Direct
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers
- ‘Every Day’ Trailer: First Look At First Film Under Relaunched Orion Pictures
- Disney-Fox Deal: Shares Of Both Companies Rise As Wall Street Embraces Plan