Julianne Moore has earned four Academy Award nominations — for Boogie Nights, The End of the Affair, The Hours, and Far From Heaven, the last two in the same year — but the Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice is the one Oscar watchers predict will land the actress her very first little gold man. Here’s the trailer for the film directed and adapted by Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland from Lisa Genova’s book. It’s the story of a cognitive psychologist dealing with the devastating effects of early-onset Alzheimer’s disease and its impact on her marriage and family. Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth and Hunter Parrish co-star. The film premiered at Toronto and hit limited release last weekend before rolling out wide in January.
‘Still Alice’ Trailer: Will Alzheimer’s Drama Nab Julianne Moore Her First Oscar?
What's Hot on Deadline
Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With 'Secrets & Lies' Producer & ABC Studios Int'l
Latest Film News
- Cannes Nixes Press Screenings Ahead Of Evening World Premieres & Officially Bans Selfies
- Cate Blanchett Speaks Out On Woody Allen Allegations: “I Don’t Think I’ve Stayed Silent At All”
- Former BBC & FA Boss Greg Dyke To Replace Mike Leigh As Chairman Of London Film School
- ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ Review: It’s No Mystery Why This Lazy Animated Sequel Is Just For Kids
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…
- Actor Anton Yelchin’s Family Settles Wrongful Death Suit Against Fiat Chrysler