Stories are breaking about Jonah Hill starring in the Todd Phillips-directed Arms And The Dudes, as one of the stoners who become arms dealers for the U.S., get a $300 million contract and find themselves in danger abroad and in trouble back home because they were completely out of their depth. The pic is based on a Rolling Stone article by Guy Lawson. Deadline revealed the Hill news during Cannes last May, when Phillips and Bradley Cooper joined forces in a Warner Bros-based company. Even then, they knew Arms And The Dudes was their first project and that Hill would be the star.
It Happened Last Cannes: Jonah Hill In ‘Arms And The Dudes’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings