Although the fictional Crawley family is known for its buttoned-up aristocratic airs, the folks at Downton Abbey aren’t beyond having a little fun. In order to promote ITV’s annual Text Santa fundraiser, the gang recruited a special guest for a short charity film. The brief from ITV is: It’s Christmas at Downton and Lord Grantham (Hugh Bonneville) seems to be facing financial ruin once again. He’s beginning to wonder if his family may be better off without him, but divine intervention in the form of a very special heavenly body gives him a view of what life would really be like without his guiding spirit. Enter George Clooney as a martini-drinking Clarence Odbody? The clip below is the first glimpse of Clooney at the estate. Bonneville’s Monuments Men director and co-star filmed the scenes earlier this year for the special that airs later this month.
George Clooney (What Else?) At ‘Downton Abbey’ For Charity Special: Hot Teaser
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest International News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Awakens To Early $61M Overseas; $106M WW – International Box Office
- Chinese Film & TV Industry Is A $86.3B Business — Chinese Report
- Anant Singh To Produce Biopic Of Heart Transplant Pioneer Christiaan Barnard
- Egypt-Based Aroma Studios & United Brothers Eye U.S. Market With Thriller Films Team-Up, Set First Project
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Shortlist Cuts Field To Nine; France’s ‘BPM’ Snubbed