In a near-case of life imitating art, Amy Pascal and other top Sony executives have had a few meetings with Judy Smith, the crisis-management wiz who inspired the Olivia Pope character on hit ABC drama Scandal, to discuss strategies for dealing with the massive hack attack that led to the controversial pulling of Sony’s movie The Interview and made top Sony executives tabloid fodder when their private emails were made public. The Sony Motion Picture Group is continuing to work with New York-based PR firm Rubenstein, more specifically crisis-management specialist Matthew Hiltzik, who has advised SPE leadership during the hacking scandal.
Sony Consults With ‘Scandal’-ous Crisis-Management Expert
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Business News
- Mike Francesa Signs Off From WFAN After 30 Years Of Sports Talk
- Commission On Sexual Harassment Formed By Hollywood Heavyweights; Anita Hill Will Chair
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- Vevo Music Service Shuffles CEOs