In a near-case of life imitating art, Amy Pascal and other top Sony executives have had a few meetings with Judy Smith, the crisis-management wiz who inspired the Olivia Pope character on hit ABC drama Scandal, to discuss strategies for dealing with the massive hack attack that led to the controversial pulling of Sony’s movie The Interview and made top Sony executives tabloid fodder when their private emails were made public. The Sony Motion Picture Group is continuing to work with New York-based PR firm Rubenstein, more specifically crisis-management specialist Matthew Hiltzik, who has advised SPE leadership during the hacking scandal.
Sony Consults With ‘Scandal’-ous Crisis-Management Expert
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- WGA Members Hear Final Pitch for Need to Renegotiate Packaging Deal With Talent Agencies
- Disney Announces New Marvel Experiences For Theme Parks
- WhatsApp Co-Founder Brian Acton Joins The “Delete Facebook” Movement
- Michael Jaffa Joins Genius Brands As General Counsel & SVP Biz Affairs
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company