Paramount, Red Granite Pictures and Gary Sanchez are reteaming Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in Daddy’s Home. Sean Anders directs a script by Brian Burns. Ferrell plays a mild-mannered radio executive who strives to become the best stepdad to his wife’s two children, but complications ensue when their freewheeling and freeloading real father (Wahlberg) arrives, forcing him to compete for the affection of the kids. This is a story that Deadline broke earlier this year. Like many non superhero pictures that get made by studios, these things become real when a co-financier steps up and that is what has happened as Dumber And Dumber To backers Red Granite are starting to get more aggressive. The film looked like it was going to happen last year with Vince Vaughn and Ferrell, and Etan Cohen directing. That fell apart, and then in June this configuration took shape, and now it’s a reality.
Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg Reteam On ‘Daddy’s Home’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension