It looks like CBS is not throwing in the towel on new comedy series The McCarthys just yet. The network has picked up two additional scripts from the multi-camera family comedy after two — by CBS standards — low-rated airings. While such an additional script order is absolutely no guarantee for an episodic pickup — for instance, freshman ABC comedy Manhattan Love Story received a pickup for three scripts earlier this fall but was ultimately cancelled — it is a reassuring gesture by CBS in an environment where broadcast networks have been very quick on the cancellation trigger. CBS has been remarkably patient with The McCarthys, which logged the network’s lowest ever in-season comedy premiere in adults 18-49 with a 1.7 rating and dropped to a 1.5 last Thursday. The series has been kept on the schedule and is now getting a script order. That is contrast with last fall when new CBS comedy We Are Men was yanked after two airings that netted a 2.0 and 1.8 demo rating. Episode 3 of The McCarthys airs tonight.
‘The McCarthys’ Gets Order For 2 More Scripts From CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest TV News
- Obama Vs. Trump Inauguration Crowd Size: Photos Tell Story
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Finale: Creator On Topanga’s Choice, New Network Search & Season 4
- Dan Sackheim Joins ‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’ As Director & Executive Producer
- David Lynch Remembers Miguel Ferrer: “We Loved Working With Him”
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Donald Trump Pays Tribute To Hillary Clinton During Inaugural Day Congressional Lunch