It looks like CBS is not throwing in the towel on new comedy series The McCarthys just yet. The network has picked up two additional scripts from the multi-camera family comedy after two — by CBS standards — low-rated airings. While such an additional script order is absolutely no guarantee for an episodic pickup — for instance, freshman ABC comedy Manhattan Love Story received a pickup for three scripts earlier this fall but was ultimately cancelled — it is a reassuring gesture by CBS in an environment where broadcast networks have been very quick on the cancellation trigger. CBS has been remarkably patient with The McCarthys, which logged the network’s lowest ever in-season comedy premiere in adults 18-49 with a 1.7 rating and dropped to a 1.5 last Thursday. The series has been kept on the schedule and is now getting a script order. That is contrast with last fall when new CBS comedy We Are Men was yanked after two airings that netted a 2.0 and 1.8 demo rating. Episode 3 of The McCarthys airs tonight.
‘The McCarthys’ Gets Order For 2 More Scripts From CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot