I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller