I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest Film News
- Media Groups Support Mark Boal's Refusal To Turn Over Bergdahl Tapes to Military Prosecutors
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nails Biggest Opening Day For Franchise – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office…
- Actress Constance Wu Slams ‘The Great Wall’ Trailer As Whitewashing
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…