I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- Gravitas Ventures Hires Scott Kaplan As SVP Global Sales
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith, Virginia Madsen & More Set For AIDS Drama Pic ‘1985’ From Yen Tan
- Lea Thompson To Star In New Feature Adaptation Of ‘Little Women’