I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Apocalypse' & 'Alice' Take A Dive On Saturday As Memorial Day B.O. Bloodbath Continues - Late Night Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response
- ‘Warcraft’ Builds $16.3M Overseas War Chest Through Friday – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers