I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- DraftKings & FanDuel Settle NY Lawsuits For $12M
- ‘Transparent’s Alex MacNicoll Joins Oliver Daly’s Pic ‘Miles’
- ‘Inferno’ Fires Up $100M+ At International Box Office
- AT&T And Time Warner Chiefs Visit Warner Bros. In L.A. Swing
- Olga Kurylenko Set As Star In Cop Thriller ‘Jane Millen’, 13 Films To Handle Sales — AFM
- Voltage Pictures Handling Foreign On Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ – AFM