I’m hearing that Michael Fassbender is the actor who’s currently being eyed to play Steve Jobs in the Aaron Sorkin-scripted picture that Danny Boyle will direct for Sony Pictures. I don’t want to get carried away here, after all the heated press speculation about past courtship of other actors Christian Bale (twice) and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the filmmakers like this and it does look like space can be made in Fassbender’s X-Men schedule to accommodate Sony’s hopes to get this into production in the winter. And he certainly has the chops for what is shaping up as an event prestige film. The movie is based on the Walter Isaacson memoir, and it’s produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady. Stay tuned.
Sony Eyeing Michael Fassbender For Steve Jobs?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Latest Film News
- ‘The Legend Of Tarzan’ Review: Alexander Skarsgard Swings Into Action As Movie Icon Gets Welcome New Take
- China’s Directors Guild Calls For Explanation Of Tibetan Helmer’s Arrest, Hospitalization
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Trailer: Rihanna Brings Her ‘Sledgehammer’ To The Soundtrack & Imax
- Grasshopper Leaps For ‘Mimosas’; Takes U.S. Rights On Critics’ Week Winner
- ‘Trolls’ Trailer: Anna Kendrick & Justin Timberlake Seek Their Happy Place
- Aharon Ipalé Dies: ‘The Mummy’ Actor Was 74