The big-screen update of Charles Schulz’s famed Peanuts comic strip characters has been touted by Fox as the first time the iconic gang had been on a big screen in CGI and 3D. It’s a daunting task and an ambitious effort from Ice Age studio Blue Sky and 20th Century Fox Animation, and it counts aficionado Paul Feig among its producers — the Bridesmaids helmer’s cred goes a long way, and he calls Peanuts his Star Wars growing up. But the first full trailer that dropped today does beg the question: Will fans miss the squiggly pencil days when the shiny and crystal-clear CG pic hits theaters on November 6, 2015?
‘Peanuts’ Trailer: Does It Pass The Uncanny Valley Test?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’