Max Joseph’s first film will fly here under the WB banner. The studio announced that it acquired the domestic rights for the Zac Efron-starrer about a DJ trying to make it big with his first hit track. The film is slated for a 2015 release. Emily Ratajkowski (Gone Girl) and Wes Bentley (Interstellar, The Hunger Games) co-star. Joseph directs from a screenplay he wrote with Meaghan Oppenheimer, from a story by Richard Silverman.
Warner Bros. Snags Domestic Rights To ‘We Are Your Friends’
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update