Laura Dern is teaming with Judd Apatow on an untitled female-driven ensemble comedy set in the world of obsessive female football fans. Aptaow will produce for Universal Pictures via his studio-based Apatow Productions alongside Dern and Barry Mendel, and Erik Baiers will oversee for Universal. The idea was conceived by Dern — who is great in the upcoming Reese Witherspoon-starrer Wild — and the script was penned by South Park‘s Pam Brady. No details yet on the plot.
Laura Dern & Judd Apatow Tackle Female Football Fan Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest Film News
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto