After blowing past his Titanic budget by 100% and watching that become history’s highest-grossing film and then surpassing that budget and worldwide gross with Avatar, James Cameron routinely sets a high bar for himself. He’s not letting up with the three Avatar sequels he’s prepping in New Zealand, strangely predicting that viewers will experience Close Encounters Of The Turd Kind. Cameron told Empire magazine: “I can tell you one thing about them: They’re gonna be bitchin.’ You will sh*t yourself with your mouth wide open.” Now that is quite an image, right there, but we’ll take it as affirmation he’s bullish on the trilogy. He wrote the three films with Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno. The first comes in 2016. Fox had a great 2014, but with Independence Day and Avatar sequels slotted, there is a lot to look forward to, year after next.
James Cameron On ‘Avatar’ Sequels: ‘You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros’ ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’ To Hit Theaters This Summer With Vertical & DirecTV Deal
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’ Registers Global Social & Box Office Impact, Even Setting Records On Turbulent…
- Oscars: History Is Made Several Times Over In The Best Documentary Feature Race
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89