Billy Boyd, who played the precocious hobbit Pippin in The Lord Of The Rings, has sung a swan song for Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth obsession that ends after six films with The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies. It certainly brings back memories. While I’ve heard sentiments that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, like Twilight Saga, need not have stretched its final book into two films–it’s all about profit–the trailer for the Hobbit finale indicates that audiences as well as New Line and Warner Bros will benefit from Jackson’s decision to extend his original two film adaptation of Tolkien’s masterwork into a trilogy.
Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’