Billy Boyd, who played the precocious hobbit Pippin in The Lord Of The Rings, has sung a swan song for Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth obsession that ends after six films with The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies. It certainly brings back memories. While I’ve heard sentiments that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, like Twilight Saga, need not have stretched its final book into two films–it’s all about profit–the trailer for the Hobbit finale indicates that audiences as well as New Line and Warner Bros will benefit from Jackson’s decision to extend his original two film adaptation of Tolkien’s masterwork into a trilogy.
Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role