The end of daylight-saving time and the midterm elections were ratings gifts for broadcast TV evening newscasts. Especially happy are the folks at NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams, which returned to the top spot in the news demo after ceding that seat for 11 weeks to ABC’s World News Tonight With David Muir. In that demo, Williams’ newscast clocked 2.19 million viewers to Muir’s 2.18 million; CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley drew 1.84 million demo viewers. NBC’s newscast also led among viewers of all ages: 9.45 million to ABC’s 8.76 million and CBS’ 7.25 mil.
Evening News Ratings: Standard Time, Midterm Elections Deliver News Demo Win To NBC’s Brian Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO