The end of daylight-saving time and the midterm elections were ratings gifts for broadcast TV evening newscasts. Especially happy are the folks at NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams, which returned to the top spot in the news demo after ceding that seat for 11 weeks to ABC’s World News Tonight With David Muir. In that demo, Williams’ newscast clocked 2.19 million viewers to Muir’s 2.18 million; CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley drew 1.84 million demo viewers. NBC’s newscast also led among viewers of all ages: 9.45 million to ABC’s 8.76 million and CBS’ 7.25 mil.
Evening News Ratings: Standard Time, Midterm Elections Deliver News Demo Win To NBC’s Brian Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo