Jennifer Aniston doesn’t wear any makeup in her latest film — save for scars and other disfigurements. The former Friend and rom-com regular takes a right turn with Cake, playing a woman suffering with chronic pain who carries plenty of emotional hurt as well. After a member of her support group commits suicide, Aniston’s Claire hopes to find salvation by inserting herself into the lives of the late woman’s husband and son. Adriana Barraza, Anna Kendrick, Sam Worthington, Mamie Gummer, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy, Chris Messina, Lucy Punch and Britt Robertson also star for director Daniel Barnz. Upstart Cinelou Releasing will open the film, which has been generating some Oscar buzz for Aniston, on January 25 in New York.
‘Cake’ Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”