Jennifer Aniston doesn’t wear any makeup in her latest film — save for scars and other disfigurements. The former Friend and rom-com regular takes a right turn with Cake, playing a woman suffering with chronic pain who carries plenty of emotional hurt as well. After a member of her support group commits suicide, Aniston’s Claire hopes to find salvation by inserting herself into the lives of the late woman’s husband and son. Adriana Barraza, Anna Kendrick, Sam Worthington, Mamie Gummer, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy, Chris Messina, Lucy Punch and Britt Robertson also star for director Daniel Barnz. Upstart Cinelou Releasing will open the film, which has been generating some Oscar buzz for Aniston, on January 25 in New York.
‘Cake’ Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Truth Entertainment Finds Next Project In ‘Team Joy’
- William Hurt To Star Opposite Helen Hunt In ‘Live Like Line’
- WME Signs ‘Alien: Covenant’s Carmen Ejogo
- Nate Parker To Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award For ‘Birth Of A Nation’
- Danny Trejo Looking For Some ‘Social Security’ Funding For New Pic With Craig Moss
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Trailer: Who’s Your Daddy?