Today’s Oscar coup goes to The Weinstein Company, which got Imitation Game‘s Benedict Cumberbatch on the cover of a Time Magazine article on genius. Walter Isaacson, whose Steven Jobs bio is the basis for the Aaron Sorkin scripted film that Deadline revealed last night will move from Sony to Universal, wrote the piece on genius and Thomas Weber interviewed Cumberbatch. It must have been quite a bit of behind the scenes battling between Cumberbatch’s Enigma code cracker Alan Turing and Eddie Redmayne’s Stephen Hawking from Theory Of Everything, but that’s just another day in the Oscar battleground.
Benedict Cumberbatch Time’s Cover Boy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?