IFC Films is taking North American rights to Hungry Hearts, the Saverio Costanzo-directed thriller that premiered this year at the Venice Film Festival, where stars Adam Driver (Girls) and Alba Rohrwacher took home the top acting prizes. Driver stars as Jude, an American who falls for Italian woman Mina (Rohrwacher) only to realize her maternal neuroses are putting their son’s life in danger. Costanzo wrote and directed the film, which was produced by Mario Gianani and Lorenzo Mieli for Wildside, alongside Rai Cinema. Louis Tisné, Riccardo Neri, Olivia Sleiter and Chris Marsh are exec producers. IFC inked the North American deal with Radiant Films International, who is handling worldwide rights and presenting the pic at AFM. Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with Radiant’s Mimi Steinbauer.
IFC Acquires Venice Winner ‘Hungry Hearts’ Starring Adam Driver
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman