Marking a continued effort to increase its drama output, Zodiak Media’s international arm, Zodiak Rights, has scooped up BBC Worldwide Head of Drama Chris Stewart to fill the newly created role of Head of Scripted Acquisitions. As further evidenced on an international scale at the recent Mipcom TV market, drama is all the rage and Zodiak’s existing brands include Wallander with Kenneth Branagh, supernatural series Being Human, the upcoming English-language period series Versailles, Pacific island mystery Tatau and the Jo Nesbø-created Occupied. Zodiak Rights also represents such international hits as The Returned. Stewart is following his former BBC WW colleague Caroline Torrance to Zodiak. She moved over last October to become Zodiak’s Head of International Scripted. Stewart will join the company in early December and report to Torrance. At BBC WW, he oversaw key third-party acquisitions and in-house dramas including Doctor Who, The Musketeers and Da Vinci’s Demons.
Zodiak Rights Hires BBC WW Exec Chris Stewart As Head Of Scripted Acquisitions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims