Producer Bonni Lee has been named senior vice president of production at Village Roadshow Pictures. She will report to Bruce Berman, chairman and CEO of VRP. Before joining the firm, Lee developed TV and feature films through her Mighty Hula Pictures label, which had a production deal at DreamWorks SKG. During her career, Lee has shepherded and overseen films that have grossed in excess of $1 billion worldwide. Prior to forming Mighty Hula, Lee oversaw such titles as M. Butterfly, Interview With the Vampire and Michael Collins as the president of Geffen Pictures. Prior to working with David Geffen, Lee served as president of Robert Redford’s Wildwood Entertainment, overseeing Incident at Oglala and A River Runs Through It. Previous to Wildwood, Lee served as vice president of Warner Bros.’ feature division where she brought Tim Burton to the studio to direct his first feature, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. While at Warner Bros, Lee worked on such titles as The Accidental Tourist, Lethal Weapon, In Country and Burton’s Beetlejuice and Batman.
Village Roadshow Taps Veteran Producer Bonni Lee As SVP Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…