Verve has hired the former Manager of TV at Lionsgate as an agent. Melissa Darman focused on comedy development and production while at Lionsgate, working on such series as the 10/90 Anger Management, Saint George and Partners. Before that, Darman was ABC’s comedy development coordinator, with 25-plus pilot credits from 2011-13 including The Goldbergs, Neighbors and Mixology. She started out in the ICM mailroom and went on to be an assistant at the agency and eventually coordinator in the TV lit department. “We are excited to have someone with Melissa’s experience at both a television network and studio bring her talents and perspective to our business,” the Verve partners said in a statement.
Verve Hires TV Executive Melissa Darman As Agent
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Business News
- Jeffrey Tambor Says Latest Sexual Harassment Claim Was An “Enthusiastic Farewell”
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘CBS This Morning’ Reports New Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct At CBS By Ex-Anchor Charlie Rose
- President Trump Escalates War Of Words With "Poor Man's Don King" LaVar Ball
- Rashida Jones Denies ‘Toy Story 4’ Exit Over “Unwanted Advance” From John Lasseter