EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has set Flight scribe John Gatins to do the next draft of Skull Island, the King Kong origin pic that Tom Hiddleston will star in and Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct. The project was the big surprise in Legendary’s action-packed presentation at Comic-Con. The script was penned by Max Borenstein, who got it far enough for Universal to date it for November 4, 2016, release before he went on to write the next installment of Godzilla for Legendary. Gatins, who frankly seems too handsome to be an Oscar-nominated writer, is repped by UTA.
King Kong Tale ‘Skull Island’ Gets Rewrite From ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Jon Bernthal On The Punisher’s ‘Daredevil’ Spinoff: “He’s In My Heart. I’m Ready To Keep Going With Him” - Awardsline
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Bud Spencer Dies: Italian Actor, Author & Olympic Swimmer Was 86
- Karla Souza Ascends ‘Jacob’s Ladder’; Jaime Ray Newman Joins ‘Valley Of The Gods’
- ‘The BFG’ Review: Steven Spielberg, Disney & Roald Dahl Combine For A Giant Of A Family-Friendly Movie
- ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’ Trailer: Jamie Dornan, Aaron Paul & A 9-Year-Old Boy’s Mystery
- Ansel Elgort Negotiating To Star In Warner Bros’ ‘Dungeons And Dragons’
- ‘Man’s Search For Meaning’ Holocaust Memoir In Works As Movie