EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has set Flight scribe John Gatins to do the next draft of Skull Island, the King Kong origin pic that Tom Hiddleston will star in and Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct. The project was the big surprise in Legendary’s action-packed presentation at Comic-Con. The script was penned by Max Borenstein, who got it far enough for Universal to date it for November 4, 2016, release before he went on to write the next installment of Godzilla for Legendary. Gatins, who frankly seems too handsome to be an Oscar-nominated writer, is repped by UTA.
King Kong Tale ‘Skull Island’ Gets Rewrite From ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia