EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has set Flight scribe John Gatins to do the next draft of Skull Island, the King Kong origin pic that Tom Hiddleston will star in and Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct. The project was the big surprise in Legendary’s action-packed presentation at Comic-Con. The script was penned by Max Borenstein, who got it far enough for Universal to date it for November 4, 2016, release before he went on to write the next installment of Godzilla for Legendary. Gatins, who frankly seems too handsome to be an Oscar-nominated writer, is repped by UTA.
King Kong Tale ‘Skull Island’ Gets Rewrite From ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Film News
- Paul Verhoeven Named Jury President Of 2017 Berlin Film Festival
- ‘Lion’ Nabs Best International Film At Evening Standard British Film Awards
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: Web Wings, Teen Angst, And A First Look At The Vulture
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: AFI Narrows The Race; ‘La La’ Hits L.A.; Jeff Bezos Throws A Party ‘By The Sea’; Tom Ford…
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets Donald Trump, Snags Follow-Up And Twitter Snarks
- ‘Interrogation’ Director Vetri Maaran Details Sensitivity To On-Screen Violence: India’s Oscar Entry