EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has set Flight scribe John Gatins to do the next draft of Skull Island, the King Kong origin pic that Tom Hiddleston will star in and Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct. The project was the big surprise in Legendary’s action-packed presentation at Comic-Con. The script was penned by Max Borenstein, who got it far enough for Universal to date it for November 4, 2016, release before he went on to write the next installment of Godzilla for Legendary. Gatins, who frankly seems too handsome to be an Oscar-nominated writer, is repped by UTA.
King Kong Tale ‘Skull Island’ Gets Rewrite From ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Stana Katic Scrubs In For Horror Movie ‘Cadaver’ At Screen Gems
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ‘Inferno’ Starts Weekend With $800K – Box Office
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites