Scandal co-star Scott Foley and Greg Grunberg, Felicity alums and longtime friends, have teamed for a relationship TV comedy project. It is backed by Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland, which also is behind Scandal as well as Grey’s Anatomy and ABC’s new hit drama How To Get Away With Murder. Foley and Grunberg will write the story together, with Foley set to write the teleplay. The two executive produce with Shondaland’s Rhimes and Betsy Beers. The untitled comedy revolves around engaged couple Max and Paige who, over their wedding rehearsal dinner, have their eclectic family and friends give toasts recalling anecdotes about the couple — but flashbacks reveal that the toasts don’t always get it right, as we watch the true story of their complicated, funny and relatable road to marriage. Foley, who did a major arc on Rhimes‘ Grey’s Anatomy before joining Scandal, is with ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment; Grunberg is with Paradigm and SC Management. Shondaland is with ICM Partners.
Shonda Rhimes Producing ABC Comedy From Scott Foley & Greg Grunberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dory' Still The Big Fish With $62M+, 'ID4' Sequel In High $40Ms, 'Shallows' Rides A Wave Toward $13M - Midday B.O.
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- J.J. Abrams & Bridget Carpenter On ‘11.22.63’: “It’s The Ultimate What If”…
- Wild West Adds Allison Janney & Michael Kenneth Williams To ‘F Is For Family’, Gets ‘Undeniable With Joe…
- ‘Masters of Sex’ Adds David Walton For Season 4
- ‘Suicide Squad’s Jared Leto On The Joker As “Role Of A Lifetime”, Interviewing Edward Snowden & Creative Freedom…
- Brexit Reactions: Late-Night Comics And Pals Race To Keep Pace With Donald Trump
- VH1 Series ‘Barely Famous’ Retitles & Tweaks Episode After Orlando Tragedy