High Profits follows the owners of Breckenridge Cannabis Club as they build their marijuana business. Brian Rogers and Caitlin McGuire are described by the network as “two business-minded, dream-seeking, relentless visionaries with a plan unlike any other – to franchise marijuana.” The eight-part series will be produced by Austin-based Bat Bridge Entertainment. In the months since Colorado became the first state in the country to legalize the use and sale of recreational marijuana, BCC has grown from a $515,000-a-year medical marijuana dispensary with four employees to a $5 million-a-year business of 30 employees, CNN said, noting that the couple recently bought a competing business in a neighboring resort town. Each one-hour episode of High Profits will examine this booming new industry, following two entrepreneurs as they manage a highly lucrative chain of retail marijuana stores and one of the largest grow facilities in the state — when the product lining their shelves, and pockets, continues to be classified by the federal government as an illegal Schedule 1 drug.
‘High Profits’: New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony Pictures Television
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold