High Profits follows the owners of Breckenridge Cannabis Club as they build their marijuana business. Brian Rogers and Caitlin McGuire are described by the network as “two business-minded, dream-seeking, relentless visionaries with a plan unlike any other – to franchise marijuana.” The eight-part series will be produced by Austin-based Bat Bridge Entertainment. In the months since Colorado became the first state in the country to legalize the use and sale of recreational marijuana, BCC has grown from a $515,000-a-year medical marijuana dispensary with four employees to a $5 million-a-year business of 30 employees, CNN said, noting that the couple recently bought a competing business in a neighboring resort town. Each one-hour episode of High Profits will examine this booming new industry, following two entrepreneurs as they manage a highly lucrative chain of retail marijuana stores and one of the largest grow facilities in the state — when the product lining their shelves, and pockets, continues to be classified by the federal government as an illegal Schedule 1 drug.
‘High Profits’: New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert