Julia Louis-Dreyfus will join Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Emma Watson, Mike Leigh and Judi Dench as an honoree at the 2014 BAFTA Los Angeles Jaguar Britannia Awards later this month. BAFTA LA will present the Veep star with the Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy. BAFTA says the prize recognizes talent “whose popularity and cultural impact exemplifies the uniquely transcendent quality of excellent comedy.” The Britannia Awards are BAFTA LA’s highest accolade and celebrate individuals and companies that are dedicated to advancing the entertainment arts. The awards are presented annually at a gala dinner which this year falls on October 30. Rob Brydon (The Trip To Italy) is host. Proceeds from the ceremony support BAFTA LA’s education, scholarship, community outreach and archival projects. BBC America will air the kudofest on November 2.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus To Receive Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscar 2019 Key Dates: Academy And ABC Unveil Timeline
- Chita Rivera & Andrew Lloyd Webber To Score Lifetime Achievement Tony Awards
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- ‘SMILF’s Frankie Shaw On Season 2’s Risks, Tackling Sexual Abuse & That Title – Next…
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Returns: Emmy Comedy Best Actor Contenders & More
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, John Oliver & ‘SNL’ Among Peabody Winners