Oscar winner Javier Bardem is in talks to join Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in Disney’s blockbuster franchise to be helmed by Kon-Tiki‘s Joachim Ronnin and Espen Sandbreg. Oscar-nominated for his lead turns in Before Night Falls (2000) and Biutiful (2010), Bardem nabbed his lone Academy Award win when he took on the role of stone-cold killer Anton Chigurh in 2007’s No Country For Old Men. The Spanish thesp also gave one of his career-best performances playing the Bond villain Silva in 2012’s Skyfall. Pirates 5 is set for a July 7, 2017, debut.
Javier Bardem In ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Trailer: Holden Caulfield Gets His Bookish Moment
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved