Oscar winner Javier Bardem is in talks to join Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in Disney’s blockbuster franchise to be helmed by Kon-Tiki‘s Joachim Ronnin and Espen Sandbreg. Oscar-nominated for his lead turns in Before Night Falls (2000) and Biutiful (2010), Bardem nabbed his lone Academy Award win when he took on the role of stone-cold killer Anton Chigurh in 2007’s No Country For Old Men. The Spanish thesp also gave one of his career-best performances playing the Bond villain Silva in 2012’s Skyfall. Pirates 5 is set for a July 7, 2017, debut.
Javier Bardem In ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Dory' Eats $300M+ & Will Gobble Up 'BFG', 'Tarzan' & 'Purge' Over Independence Day - Box Office Preview
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Starz And Lionsgate Shares Soar On Report Of “Advanced Talks”
- Art Directors Guild Election: Chuck Parker Upsets 18-year Incumbent Scott Roth
- Academy President On Diversity Of New Oscar Voters: “This Is A Change I Truly Believe People In Our Industry Are Ready For…
- ‘Sully’ Trailer: Tom Hanks As Hero Pilot Who Landed Plane In Hudson River; Clint Eastwood Directs
- Alchemy On Verge Of Bankruptcy
- Three Charged With Defrauding $12M From Movie Investors