Oscar winner Javier Bardem is in talks to join Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in Disney’s blockbuster franchise to be helmed by Kon-Tiki‘s Joachim Ronnin and Espen Sandbreg. Oscar-nominated for his lead turns in Before Night Falls (2000) and Biutiful (2010), Bardem nabbed his lone Academy Award win when he took on the role of stone-cold killer Anton Chigurh in 2007’s No Country For Old Men. The Spanish thesp also gave one of his career-best performances playing the Bond villain Silva in 2012’s Skyfall. Pirates 5 is set for a July 7, 2017, debut.
Javier Bardem In ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks