Oscar winner Javier Bardem is in talks to join Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in Disney’s blockbuster franchise to be helmed by Kon-Tiki‘s Joachim Ronnin and Espen Sandbreg. Oscar-nominated for his lead turns in Before Night Falls (2000) and Biutiful (2010), Bardem nabbed his lone Academy Award win when he took on the role of stone-cold killer Anton Chigurh in 2007’s No Country For Old Men. The Spanish thesp also gave one of his career-best performances playing the Bond villain Silva in 2012’s Skyfall. Pirates 5 is set for a July 7, 2017, debut.
Javier Bardem In ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office