Focus Features has launched its Insidious: Chapter 3 marketing campaign by dropping a first teaser for Insidious 3, right in the midst of October’s horror season. The film marks the directorial debut of writer Leigh Whannell, who cut his teeth penning the first three Saw flicks and the first two Insidiouses for director James Wan. The first Insidious grossed $97 million on a $1.5 million budget; Insidious 2 was made for $5 million and took in $161 million. Now Insidious: Chapter 3 is gearing up to rake in the early summer dough when it opens on May 29, 2015. Dermot Mulroney, Stefanie Scott, Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson, and Whannell star in the prequel, which tracks a teenage girl (Scott) targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity whose family enlists the help of the gifted but reluctant psychic Elise Rainier (Shaye). Watch it above.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”