Focus Features has launched its Insidious: Chapter 3 marketing campaign by dropping a first teaser for Insidious 3, right in the midst of October’s horror season. The film marks the directorial debut of writer Leigh Whannell, who cut his teeth penning the first three Saw flicks and the first two Insidiouses for director James Wan. The first Insidious grossed $97 million on a $1.5 million budget; Insidious 2 was made for $5 million and took in $161 million. Now Insidious: Chapter 3 is gearing up to rake in the early summer dough when it opens on May 29, 2015. Dermot Mulroney, Stefanie Scott, Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson, and Whannell star in the prequel, which tracks a teenage girl (Scott) targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity whose family enlists the help of the gifted but reluctant psychic Elise Rainier (Shaye). Watch it above.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’