ABC Studios’ new fall drama from Shonda Rhimes, How To Get Away With Murder has locked down broadcast deals in 158 territories including the UK, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Poland, Vietnam, South Africa, China, Israel, the Middle East, Africa and Turkey. Much like in the states, Rhimes’ shows are in demand abroad. To date, Grey’s Anatomy has sold in 238 territories garnering 30 million foreign viewers while Scandal counts 227 territories and 20 million viewers overseas. Produced by Rhimes, How To Get Away With Murder stars Oscar-nominated actress Viola Davis as a criminal law professor who gets entangled in a murder conspiracy with her students. In addition to How To Get Away With Murder, Disney Media Distribution’s Mipcom slate includes Black-ish with Anthony Anderson and Laurence Fishburne, American Crime starring Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton; Secrets And Lies, a thriller mystery with Ryan Philippe and Juliette Lewis; and the new Star Wars animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Sells Abroad: Mipcom
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest International News
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- ‘The Night Of’ & ‘The Office’ To Be Remade In India – BBC Showcase
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin